Friday, March 7, 2014

An Update

Time is just flying by and I cannot believe Z is going to be three months old in less then two weeks. Taking care of her is by far the most challenging, exciting, and rewarding thing I have ever taken part in and I am surprised every day by how fast she is growing!

This was about three weeks ago after Zac had just taken a test. It took a while for Z to warm up to him (hence the pouting) but the two were inseparable for the rest of the weekend shortly after her dramatic episode.


When she was about 7 weeks old she totally surprised us when she rolled over during tummy time.  We figured it was a fluke and she didn't do it again until three weeks later (on my birthday). 

I am dying to get this on video but she is so clever...she only does it consecutively when I walk away and so when I come back this is what I find. I will just have to plant the camera and have it recording while I keep my distance so we can have some footage of her rolling. It's pretty funny when I leave her be and watch quietly from the kitchen and see her flip. 

This is how I find these two about 75% of the time. Sleeping! Z loves her miracle blanket (we love it even more) and it is the only way she sleeps for long naps and through the night. I absolutely dread the day when she will be too strong to be swaddled in it...which I fear is coming close since I have found her in her crib unraveled and wide-eyed to be picked up a few times this week.

It's not too hard to get this girl to smile, but somehow she always make you work extra hard for a smile if its for a camera. This one took forever! 

Z loves tummy time...as long as it lasts about ten minutes and as long as I am singing, dancing,  and waving a rattle. Sometimes she looks like she is just itching to crawl and really likes it when you hold her up so she can "stand."  

Z got her first round of shots last week and she screamed like I had never heard her scream before! When we got home she fell asleep...and stayed asleep for what seemed like two straight days. She only ever woke up to nurse and then back to sleep she went. Definitely got a lot of cleaning done those two days.

This was on the night of my birthday. We tried to go out but only made it through about 20 minutes at Babies R US before Z was ready to head home. If you can see in the background there is a nightlight on in Z's room. She is already freaked out of the dark! I was hoping that wouldn't happen since I hear how hard it was to put me down when I was young because I was crazy scared of the dark. 

When she was just born and up until 4 weeks she HATED bath time. Zac and I would take turns giving her a bath because it was so stress inducing to be the one always bathing her. She would scream once we started taking her clothes off and while getting the water ready. Now, she LOVES it and cries when bath time has to end. Zac usually gives her a bath if he is home from school and then I put her down for the night. For the past three weeks she is usually past out by 7. It is the best thing ever!

We love this girl so much!

Cooking has pretty much been on the back burner for a while now, but once in awhile I get the chance to cook what I really want instead of what I can quickly put together.  Z's most needy time just happens to be right around the time I need to prep for dinner so (confession) I have been calling Zac to bring home dinner a lot more often then I would like. That, or we go through cereal really quickly. While unpacking some of my kitchen stuff that was in storage I came across my favorite pan. I love cooking in this pan. Even if it's just frying an egg. I don't know what it is. This whole week it was pretty much the only pan I used and it works great for one pot meals like this peruvian style marinated chicken we had the other night. 


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment